[R-SIG-Mac] PACKAGES file missing

Dr Eberhard W Lisse e| @end|ng |rom ||@@e@NA
Wed Feb 12 10:51:05 CET 2020

Joel,

This should be a temporary issue, I can reach the failed URL.

	local({
	+   r <- getOption("repos")
	+   r["CRAN"] <- "https://cloud.r-project.org/"
	+   options(repos = r)
	+ })

	> install.packages("tidyverse")
	[...]
	trying URL 'https://cloud.r-project.org/src/contrib/tidyverse_1.3.0.tar.gz'
	Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 712837 bytes (696 KB)
	[...]

Did an upgrade (of packages) from within RStudio from same and that also
worked out well.

So, in the first instance, try again :-)-O

CRAN has many mirrors, but I strongly advise for using RStudio which
figures this out for themselves in addition to many other advantages
(such as sponsoring the mirroring service in the first place), so you
could try the closest mirror from https://cran.r-project.org/mirrors.html.

greetings, el

On 07/02/2020 18:54, Joel Jacobson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a R newbie having some problems.
>
> The special PACKAGES file seems to be missing for version 3.6:
> https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/macosx/el-capitan/contrib/3.6/PACKAGES
>
> This is causing install.packages() to fail, which forces installation
> from source:

[...]
> Have I made som mistake or is this a real problem?
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Joel Jacobson
[...]

--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse   \         /      Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
el using lisse.NA             / *      | Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)