[R-SIG-Mac] Follow up on R 4.0.2 GUI does not terminate with Cmd+Q

Petar Milin pm|||n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Dec 13 13:47:02 CET 2020

Following on this thread
	https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2020-October/013752.html <https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2020-October/013752.html>

I did upgrade to 4.0.3, but the same problem persist: occasionally R refuses to terminate and I need to do the Force Quit. This happens only with GUI and not if I use RStudio.

The difference in behaviour between 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 is that the former closed the GUI but R remain to run and started heating the machine. The latter's GUI stays open and just hangs. Activity Monitor shows that this is taking a lot of resources.

Any suggestion?

Many thanks!
Petar