[R-SIG-Mac] Problems with R and Big Sur

Bob Rudis bob @end|ng |rom rud@|@
Wed Dec 2 14:15:48 CET 2020

 After a bit of git and google poking it seems this is happening to users
of MacVim (https://github.com/macvim-dev/macvim/issues/1114) and a few
other FOSS projects.

In various GH issues (like that one) the issue claims to be resolved by
using the latest Xcode & SDK but that’s not likely to be a solution for R
GUI (which I’m assuming you're using and where this error is coming up).

Some of the threads I saw made it seem like it was happening especially on
Touch Bar-equipped MacBook Pros (but that’s not confirmed).

When I try R GUI on Big Sur (on the new M1 Mini) — either just plain R
scripts or plotting — I do not see this, nor do I see this on my Intel
MacBook Pro (both are on the latest Big Sur beta and R 4.0.3).