[R-SIG-Mac] R, FORTRAN and Apple Silicon

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Tue Aug 25 00:11:03 CEST 2020

Jim,

thanks for the update, yes, we are aware and we have an ADP now, too, and are assessing the issues. I got base R working using f2c as a stop-gap measure, but it doesn't pass all checks due to fp issues (not necessarily related to Fortran) so there are more moving parts to this. It would be good to be involved in the discussions, so any pointers are welcome.

Thanks,
Simon