[R-SIG-Mac] Error compiling C++ code in R 4.0 on Mac OS X Catalina

Isaac Petersen |@@@c-t-peter@en @end|ng |rom u|ow@@edu
Tue Aug 11 00:33:07 CEST 2020

I'm trying to compile C++ code in R so I can install packages from source.
I’m running R 4.0.2 on Mac OS X Catalina (10.15.6).  I receive an error
when trying to compile C++ code in R.  I posted the full details of my
problem on Stack Overflow here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63276265/error-compiling-c-code-in-r-4-0-on-mac-os-x-catalina?noredirect=1#comment112012438_63276265.
The question was unfortunately marked as a duplicate because it is similar
to another question, even though the answers to the "similar" question did
not solve my problem.  One responder noted that
"/usr/local/include/RcppArmadillo.h" was missing (even though I
successfully installed the RcppArmadillo package).  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance.
-Isaac

---
Isaac T. Petersen, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
University of Iowa
175 Psychological and Brain Sciences Building
Iowa City, IA 52242
p: (319) 467-1014
isaac-t-petersen using uiowa.edu
https://psychology.uiowa.edu/developmental-psychopathology-lab