[R-SIG-Mac] OpenMP on CRAN (Simon Urbanek)

Dmitriy Selivanov @e||v@nov@dm|tr|y @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 23 13:08:18 CEST 2020

Hi Simon,

Just wanted follow up on this topic.

It would be very helpful if you can provide some guide on
https://mac.R-project.org <https://mac.r-project.org/> for those users
(advanced?) and developers who wants to be able to use OpenMP on mac. From
what I've understood from this mail thread the easiest way is to install R
from homebrew as it is built with non-standard Apple toolchain.
Apart from that you've mentioned you may consider to bundle binary  iomp
with R installation, but "it would be on the package author to make sure
that the way the package operates is compatible with that binary". Could
you please elaborate on that?

I believe I'm not alone who would like to be able to use OpenMP on mac and
"official" guidance would be very helpful.

--
Regards
Dmitriy Selivanov