[R-SIG-Mac] OpenMP on CRAN

Patrick Schratz p@tr|ck@@chr@tz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 2 23:20:43 CEST 2020

Thanks Kevin, interesting approach.

However, when testing it against a few packages I get symbol pointer issues (e.g. for data.table and xgboost).
Using llvm everything works.
Could llvm be the best middle way? Easy installation via brew and still clang compliant.

Currently my Makevars look as follows

CFLAGS=-isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.13.sdk
[…]

CC = ccache /usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/clang
[…]

Where llvm was installed via `brew install llvm`.
SDK 10.13 because of {igraph} and {Rcpp} issues with SDK 10.14 and SDK 10.15