[R-SIG-Mac] Transitioning from Mac to LInux?

Rainer Krug R@|ner @end|ng |rom krug@@de
Thu Apr 2 11:11:20 CEST 2020

> On 2 Apr 2020, at 10:15, Patrick Schratz <patrick.schratz using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> AFAIK most people on that list would vote hard against installing R via homebrew for several reasons - maybe there should be a section about this on the R dev / CRAN page to address this topic, @Simon? Otherwise this will come up again and again.

I think there is - at least it is clear to me (that is why I said “no support from here”). Although I do not see the problem why, which is a different topic altogether.

I was fully aware of the opposition to my way of using R (homebrew), but I decided to post it anyway, as I think it is a valid and useful approach (different discussion!).

> Anyhow, this is also not relating to the initial topic of that thread and should probably discussed separately.

The OP states:

 I'm wondering whether replacing my iMac (2009) with a new Mac really makes sense from an R - user point of view

Which I think is addressed in my post.

Cheers,

Rainer