[R-SIG-Mac] update.packages() cannot install from source

Eberhard W Lisse e| @end|ng |rom ||@@e@n@
Tue Oct 29 22:31:24 CET 2019

The

xcode-select —install

is required after upgrading to Catalina.

I have several machines so I usually only need to figure out once what Apple has done this time :-)-O.

Once I know that, the other machines usually go without a hitch. And after a while one settles in and doesn’t even notice Apple being Nanny any longer. But I still write it into my handbook so next version I can remember :-)-O

I usually do homebrew first and when that works the other stuff usually compiles as well.

Or you can run

	make

if that works, xcode-cli is installed properly.

el

—
Sent from Dr Lisse’s iPhone Xs