[R-SIG-Mac] R-patched installers cannot be run on Catalina

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Fri Oct 11 22:39:55 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am going to presume that Simon is already aware of this, but there is a page on the Apple Dev site that describes the workflow that can be implemented/customized to automate the notarization process via scripting:

  https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/notarizing_your_app_before_distribution/customizing_the_notarization_workflow

Whether this can be done efficiently to support the nightly builds via the current build system would be the question.

Also, with nightly builds, there is a risk of the notarization process introducing delays, as just happened:

  https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/10/apple-macos-catalina-app-notarization-slow/

Regards,

Marc Schwartz