[R-SIG-Mac] R-patched installers cannot be run on Catalina

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Fri Oct 11 22:31:09 CEST 2019

Kevin,

thanks for the report. We are aware of the notarization and there are plans, but at this point it's unclear if it's even possible, given the various constraints and the way R works (it's unlikely that R as it is will pass the test). We definitely hope to have a solution for R 4.0.0, but it's unlikely that any R 3.x version can be released in a conform way.