[R-SIG-Mac] Catalina and gfortran

Balamuta, James Joseph b@|@mut2 @end|ng |rom ||||no|@@edu
Thu Oct 10 17:30:29 CEST 2019

Erich,

Try to install gfortran with this installer:

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/tools/gfortran-6.1.pkg

Sincerely,

JJB

On 10/10/19, 10:28 AM, "R-SIG-Mac on behalf of Erich Subscriptions" <r-sig-mac-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of erich.subs using neuwirth.priv.at> wrote:

    I am trying to produce a n R environment on clean new Catalina installation (in a VM).
    The R binary installer and RStudio work.
    Then, I installed clang7, and that seems to work also.
    gfortran, however, is a problem.
    The 4.2.3 version (still in the tools folder on CRAN) is 32bit only,
    so it does not work on Catalina.
    6.1 from https://github.com/fxcoudert/gfortran-for-macOS/
    cannot be installed, the installer tells that it is incompatible with this version of macOS.

    Is there a workaround? Can I find a version of gfortran which will compile
    packages containing Fortran code?
    (I stumbled on classInt).

    I also tried gcc using 7 from homebrew, but could not get it to run either.