[R-SIG-Mac] In install.packages(), C compiler cannot create executables

Luis Puerto |u|@@@puerto @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jul 29 06:23:56 CEST 2019

Install R from cask, as James suggested will provide all the capabilities since it's downloaded from CRAN. The one that does't provide all the capabilities is Homebrew core.

Seth's one will provide all the capabilities too, but you are going to need to build it and then build all the packages you install.

Other think is you want to use OpenBLAS and OpenMP. You should be able to use those libraries with CRAN version —either directly or through brew cask— but I'm not sure since I use Seth's version.

Best Regards
Luis Puerto
luispuerto.net