[R-SIG-Mac] Linking to other package shared library

Dmitriy Selivanov @e||v@nov@dm|tr|y @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jul 25 14:18:51 CEST 2019

Dear r-sig-mac mailing list,
I have difficulties to solve one problem - I don't understand on how my
package can link to another package which is built by CRAN. More on this
below.

I'm a developer of rparse package (
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rsparse/). This package links to
float pkg (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/float/index.html). This
is done in configure script and with installation from source it works just
fine. But there is an issue when installing rsparse from CRAN binaries. In
this case rsparse shared library references the path of the float shared
library which is recorded during the build on CRAN machine. And it is
different from the path on user machine (On cran it is
@rpath/Volumes/SSD-Data/Builds/R-dev-web/QA/Simon/packages/el-capitan-x86_64/Rlib/3.6/float/libs/float.so).
In
fact the warning is produced by CRAN checks -
https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-osx-x86_64/float-00install.html
)
I've tried to fix this be using `.onLoad` hook where I run
`install_name_tool -change ...`, but it seems `dyn.load` is called before
.onLoad hook...

What will be the correct way to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards
Dmitriy Selivanov