[R-SIG-Mac] RGtk2 segfaulting on macOS

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Mon Jul 22 07:14:27 CEST 2019

On 22/07/2019 03:47, Tom Elliott wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The macOS binaries were recently built for macOS, however they're still not quite right. Runing the following ...

It is likely that the segfault is in the Gtk2 libraries: which OS
version and which Gtk2 installation?

I have not managed to get Gtk2 to work cleanly on macOS for a long time:
the Gtk2 libs at https://mac.r-project.org/libs/ are > 6.5 years old.
Some of the packages pass their tests some of the time: currently
MixSIAR, Ricetl, fit4NM, gWidgets2RGtk2 and plfMA segfault on my High
Sierra box.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk