[R-SIG-Mac] Error when fitting a brms model, maybe associated with Catalina MacOS

Gábor Csárdi c@@rd|@g@bor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 16 20:17:31 CET 2019

Setting the PATH in the shell does not apply to applications on macOS,
e.g. I customize the PATH in my .zshrc, and yet in R.app I have the
vanilla PATH:
> Sys.getenv("PATH")
[1] "/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin"

RStudio is similar.

Gabor