[R-SIG-Mac] how do I clear this error message?

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Tue Aug 13 05:07:58 CEST 2019

See R for Mac FAQ 10.4:
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#I-see-spurious-error-messages-when-starting-R_0021 <https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#I-see-spurious-error-messages-when-starting-R_0021>

This seems to be a known Apple issue since High Sierra
https://github.com/jarvisteach/appJar/issues/285 <https://github.com/jarvisteach/appJar/issues/285>
and it doesn’t seem like there is a fix from Apple available so far. You can safely ignore, but if it troubles you, you can disable stderr as noted in the above FAQ (at the cost of not seeing any messages at all).