[R-SIG-Mac] Xcode 10.2.1

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy@mende|@@ohn @end|ng |rom no@@@gov
Wed Apr 24 17:41:08 CEST 2019

Hi Kaspar:

There is an issue of where Xcode puts headers.  I have posted on this previously.  I did the same update as you,  and not only doesn't Xcode put the headers where R expects,  it appears to delete the existing headers.

Anyhow,  try running the following and see if your problems go away:

> sudo installer -pkg \
> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Packages/macOS_SDK_headers_for_macOS_10.14.pkg \
> -target /

-Roy

> On Apr 24, 2019, at 8:36 AM, Kasper Daniel Hansen <kasperdanielhansen using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am on Mojave. I recently updated to Xcode 10.2.1 and I did the associated
> update of the command line tools. Following this, I reinstalled clang6 and
> gfortran 6 from CRAN.
>
> When I use the clang6 compiler from CRAN, it is unable to find stdio.h.
>
> When I compare the include path from clang6 to the Apple suppled clang with
> `$CC -E - -v` I get
>
> with Apple clang
> #include <...> search starts here:
> /usr/local/include
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/clang/10.0.1/include
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks
> (framework directory)
> End of search list.
>
> with clang6 from CRAN
> #include <...> search starts here:
> /usr/local/include
> /usr/local/clang6/lib/clang/6.0.0/include
> /System/Library/Frameworks (framework directory)
> /Library/Frameworks (framework directory)
> End of search list.
>
> Did Apple move the headers around? Or have I somehow hosed my system?
>
> Best,
> Kasper
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

**********************