[R-SIG-Mac] Compiling packages from source under Mojave (10.14.x)

Berry, Charles ccberry @end|ng |rom uc@d@edu
Thu Apr 4 23:47:13 CEST 2019

FWIW,

I had the same experience - updated to 10.14.4 and got a Command Line Tools update and then found /usr/include wiped clean.

From my installation log, it looks like these two items

	macOS 10.14.4 Update
	Command Line Tools (macOS Mojave version 10.14) for Xcode

have the same timestamp followed by another

	macOS 10.14.4 Update

about 20 minutes later (which I think is usual looking at earlier updates).

I've not updated Xcode per se for a very long time. The files in the Xcode.app directory are all time-stamped from 2016. In fact, I cannot even start the Xcode.app - it may need to be reinstalled.

---

I fixed things just as others have reported, viz by running the "sudo installer -pkg " idiom from the install and admin manual appendix C.3, "As from macOS 10.14 (‘Mojave’) an additional step is needed ..."

HTH,

Chuck