[R-SIG-Mac] Installing R on 10.14 (Mojave)

peter dalgaard pd@lgd @ending from gm@il@com
Tue Sep 25 11:55:31 CEST 2018

[Oops. Forgot to copy this back to R-sig-mac, it seems...]

Thanks, Brian,

Yes, we have previously learned the hard way that timing R releases too close to MacOS updates is a bad idea...

The manual updates haven't made it to CRAN yet, you need to look in the sources.

For those who might be curious, but lazy:

As from macOS 10.14 (‘Mojave’) an additional step is needed to install the headers to /usr/include: from a Terminal run

sudo installer -pkg \
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Packages/macOS_SDK_headers_for_macOS_10.14.pkg \
-target /

Alternatively, change the include path via

CPPFLAGS="-isystem /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include"
<<<<

Incidentally, probably unrelated, I discovered that the R-patched snapshots had stalled since Sep 13 due to an SVN database error. This should be cleared up now.

-pd