[R-SIG-Mac] R 3.4.4 and 3.5 (Mac) crash when loading a .R file

Jose G Conde Santiago jo@e@conde1 @ending from upr@edu
Fri Sep 21 15:30:26 CEST 2018

Hello,

I am having a similar problem now.

If I click on the console at either the “Source script or load data in R”  or the “Open document in editor” icons, I get the following message, but everything works fine:

objc[7032]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fffb40dac90) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x10e497cd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

A similar issue has been reported when running Python on HIgh Sierra, and it seems to be related to Tcl/Tk in High Sierra.

https://github.com/jarvisteach/appJar/issues/285

However, if I load R Commander and then try to run or open a script by clicking the R console icons, R freezes, and I have to force quit.

I am running High Sierra on am iMac with 32 GB RAM.

José

José G. Conde, MD, MPH
Professor, School of Medicine
Medical Sciences Campus