[R-SIG-Mac] Blank help window

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @ending from me@com
Fri Oct 19 00:26:02 CEST 2018

Ugggh....

I was fully expecting it to fail, given my presumptive new found wisdom...

Had it failed, then it would support the notion that R,app was irrelevant to the underlying issue with help and there was something going on with the server itself.

However, this now suggests (back to my original view), that there is something different in the manner in which R.app displays HTML help content in the built-in  browser window.

Did you try to set the help browser in R.app to use an external viewer using the command line invocation that I sent earlier?

That is, with R.app not running, in a terminal type:

  defaults write org.R-project.R use.external.help YES

Then run R.app and see what happens with ?plot.

To return R.app to use the default internal browser, close R.app and then in a terminal, type:

  defaults delete org.R-project.R use.external.help