[R-SIG-Mac] Tools Update for R3.5?

Roger Koenker rkoenker @ending from illinoi@@edu
Sat May 26 15:17:28 CEST 2018

Thanks Berend  that helps considerably,  I added something for gfortran as follows:

CC=/usr/local/clang6/bin/clang
CXX=/usr/local/clang6/bin/clang++
LDFLAGS =-L/usr/local/clang6/lib
F77=/usr/local/gfortran/bin/gfortran
FLIBS=-L/usr/local/gfortran/lib -lgfortran

and now the gfortran seems to be happy, but I’m still seeing problems with some C:

/usr/local/clang6/bin/clang -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG   -I/usr/local/include   -fPIC  -Wall -g -O2  -c init.c -o init.o
In file included from init.c:1:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include/R_ext/RS.h:34:11: fatal error: 'string.h' file not
      found
# include <string.h>            /* for memcpy, memset */
1 error generated.
make: *** [init.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘quantreg’

presumably I’m still missing some LDFLGS for clang6?