[R-SIG-Mac] Generating R .pkg file for Mac Distribution

Simon Urbanek @imon@urb@nek @ending from R-project@org
Thu May 24 19:55:56 CEST 2018

Just for posterity - please note that the installer referenced below is potentially unsafe and dangerous, because it does NOT actually package the binary but rather contains just an arbitrary shell script and thus you cannot be sure that you get the official binaries or something malicious instead (and it is vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks). Also it performs various actions as root that you may or may not like. Be careful trusting installers that are not signed by CRAN members. We only supply the binary and any post-install actions only affect the installed binary not other system functions nor user directories.