[R-SIG-Mac] Embedding PDF documents created in R in Word documents

Dennis Fisher fisher at plessthan.com
Mon Mar 26 17:11:12 CEST 2018

R 3.4.3
OS X 13.3

Colleagues

I have encountered surprising behavior in the following circumstance:

1.  I create a one-page PDF in R.  The command might be:
	pdf(“/path/to/file”, width=5, height=3.5)

2.  When I open the PDF in Preview, the “inspector” confirms the intended size.

3.  I embed the PDF into Word for Mac (the newest version).  I accomplish this in one of several ways, all leading to the same outcome:
	a.  I drag the icon into Word
	b.  I copy the thumbnail and paste into Word
	c.  I drag the thumbnail into Word

4.  Previously, after the page was embedded, the size matched the specifications (5 x 3.5, in this instance). Now, the width is one-half of the intended size.

5.  Interestingly, when I drag the thumbnail into Word, the image appears twice

I suspect that the problem is in Word, rather than R, but I am curious as to whether anyone has encountered this and has a solution.

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
Phone / Fax: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)
www.PLessThan.com