[R-SIG-Mac] Embedding PDF documents created in R in Word documents
fisher at plessthan.com
Mon Mar 26 17:11:12 CEST 2018
OS X 13.3
I have encountered surprising behavior in the following circumstance:
1. I create a one-page PDF in R. The command might be:
pdf(“/path/to/file”, width=5, height=3.5)
2. When I open the PDF in Preview, the “inspector” confirms the intended size.
3. I embed the PDF into Word for Mac (the newest version). I accomplish this in one of several ways, all leading to the same outcome:
a. I drag the icon into Word
b. I copy the thumbnail and paste into Word
c. I drag the thumbnail into Word
4. Previously, after the page was embedded, the size matched the specifications (5 x 3.5, in this instance). Now, the width is one-half of the intended size.
5. Interestingly, when I drag the thumbnail into Word, the image appears twice
I suspect that the problem is in Word, rather than R, but I am curious as to whether anyone has encountered this and has a solution.
Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
Phone / Fax: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the R-SIG-Mac