[R-SIG-Mac] HELP

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Mar 20 16:44:46 CET 2018

> On Mar 20, 2018, at 8:35 AM, Keith O'Hara <keith.ohara at nyu.edu> wrote:
>
> Did you try reinstalling the mvtnorm package?
>
> Keith
>
>> On Mar 19, 2018, at 10:56 PM, Yonabeth Nava de Escalante <yonabeth77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to install the ‘rms’ package in my Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. When I try to load the library I get this error:
>>
>>> library(rms)
>> Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]) :
>> there is no package called ‘mvtnorm’
>> Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rms’
>>
>> I tried installing the dependencies with
>>
>> install.packages("rms",dependencies = TRUE)
>>
>> I also tried
>>
>> install.packages("rms", repos=c("http://rstudio.org/_packages", "http://cran.rstudio.com”))
>>
>> However, I keep getting the same error.
>> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

I can confirm this behavior. I load rms from startup in my .Rprofile file and if mvtrnorm is missing I also get:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rms’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
 there is no package called ‘mvtnorm’

To me it signals a needt to let the package maintainer know about the issue.

[1] "Frank E Harrell Jr <f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu>"