[R-SIG-Mac] R 3.4.4 and 3.5 (Mac) crash when loading a .R file

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@dunc@n @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Jul 5 19:25:07 CEST 2018

On 05/07/2018 12:28 PM, Felipe Pérez-Jvostov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure where to get help regarding this, but I haven't been able to load any .R files on RGui 3.4.4 or 3.5 on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5. I've re-installed R and still have this problem. If I use the "open in editor" or "Open recent", R will hang. If I use load(file.choose()), it shows this error:
>

> Error in load(file.choose()) :
>    bad restore file magic number (file may be corrupted) -- no data loaded
> In addition: Warning message:
> file ‘R_data_Sci.R’ has magic number 'ggp'
>    Use of save versions prior to 2 is deprecated
> objc[49397]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fffa24a9c90) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x110ca5cd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
>

> Any ideas what it could be?

You shouldn't try to load() a .R file.  It is a source file; you would
use source() to read and execute it.  load() is for binary images of
workspaces, typically called something like .RData.

Duncan Murdoch