[R-SIG-Mac] Updating some packages fails

Ben Tupper btupper at bigelow.org
Mon Jan 15 17:40:09 CET 2018

Hi,

sf (and many other spatial packages) depend upon gdal (http://www.gdal.org/ <http://www.gdal.org/>) being installed on your platform.  Your message says it can't find the gdal-config utility, "checking for gdal-config... no".  You can install it following these instructions...

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadingGdalBinaries <https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadingGdalBinaries>

I'm not sure about the other packages you list.

Cheers,
Ben