[R-SIG-Mac] Opening single Terminal window and running syntax sequentially from R

Christofer Bogaso bogaso.christofer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 18:18:06 CET 2018

Hi,

I have an .app file saved in Harddisk, which I want to run from R. So
below is the code which I use:

system("open '.../My_File.app'")

However, if I run above code multiple times (sequentially) then each
time a new Terminal window opens that make my system cluttered.

So I wonder if there is any way to use a single Terminal window and
run above code sequentially there only. R should search if any
Terminal window is already open and then run syntax on that Terminal
window only.

Any pointer will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,