[R-SIG-Mac] Different performance with different R versions

Cowan, R (MERIT) r@cow@n @ending from m@@@trichtuniver@ity@nl
Fri Dec 14 18:03:11 CET 2018

A final comment in case others run across this issue.

Inserting the statement

igraph_options(return.vs.es<http://return.vs.es> = FALSE)

after loading the igraph library returns execution speeds to “normal”. But beware, the igraph developers describe this move as “dangerous”. So use at your own risk (and I have no idea what the risks are).