[R-SIG-Mac] Rcmdr start-up issue

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Sat Sep 23 16:24:41 CEST 2017

I seem to be having a problem starting Rcmdr:

> library(Rcmdr)

Attaching package: ‘carData’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:car’:

    Guyer, UN, Vocab

lattice theme set by effectsTheme()
See ?effectsTheme for details.
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘Rcmdr’:
 package ‘tcltk’ does not have a namespace

I tried first from within RStudio, then from R itself. Same outcome. Reinstalling Rcmdr, tcltk or tcltk2 package did not seem to help.

I’m brand new to mac, so I may be missing something basic.  On the other hand I should confess to just having just “updated” Xcode.

> R.Version()
$platform
[1] "x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0"

$arch