[R-SIG-Mac] trying to compile packages from source, but lacking /opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-5

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at R-project.org
Tue Nov 21 15:05:56 CET 2017

Vince,

I'm pretty sure you are using custom settings, because the binary uses clang:

$ R CMD config CC
clang
$ grep -r /opt/local/bin/ /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
$

We don't have /opt/local on the build machine so it must be something configured in your system.
Please make sure you don't use custom package managers on you PATH since you'd be picking up non-CRAN R.