[R-SIG-Mac] R-3.3.3.pkg not archived after R-3.4.0 release

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon May 1 17:34:21 CEST 2017

> On Apr 26, 2017, at 12:16 PM, Jim Hester <james.f.hester at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Could R-3.3.3.pkg be moved into the `
> https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/macosx/old/` directory with the other past
> releases? We look for the `.pkg` file for past releases there in the travis
> script, and R-3.3.3 has not been copied there yet. (see also
> https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/7665)

Sure, done. Since 3.3.3 is the latest Mavericks build I have not moved it originally, but I'll keep it symlinked for now.

Maybe we should create some official guidelines - so far pretty much only the location of most recent version is well-defined. Everything else is more a convenience rather than a defined location. The intention was originally for manual download, for automated access it would make sense to actually define reliable location. This all also predated different builds, so I'd rather propose a locatio in the build directories for the canonical location - e.g.
/bin/macosx/el-capitan/base/R-3.4.0.pkg
Would that make sense?

Thanks,
Simon