[R-SIG-Mac] More on R crashing when opening document from top level menu

Barry M. Lesht blesht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:31:12 CET 2017

This is getting really annoying.  The "classic" crash has happened to me
several times today.  The common feature seems to be (for me) attempting to
open a file using the "Open Document" from the top-level (Mac) File menu
when (some number of) other editor windows are already open. The
manifestation of the crash is that an empty window appears (where there
should be a list of files) along with the spinning ball.  At that point the
only thing I can do is force a quit, delete the files (as noted in other
posts), and restart R. I'm using R3.3.2 R.app GUI 1.68 (7288) on a
MacBook-Pro under Sierra 10.12.3.  I'm attaching a crash log from today in
the hope that someone can figure this out.