[R-SIG-Mac] Feature request: install R in ~/Library/Frameworks

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Feb 15 18:37:16 CET 2017

It's just a question of the dyld paths - you certainly don't need to re-compile. See the CRAN build scripts that show you how you can change them to any location. You can even make it moveable as long as you have a well-defined entry point (e.g. R.app) - but that is generally impossible (since you have R executable, R.app, RStudio ...).

However, if you want to create anything that is CRAN-compatible, it has to be in /Library since some packages do hard-code paths (not really related to R itself).