[R-SIG-Mac] Feature request: install R in ~/Library/Frameworks

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 10:52:47 CET 2017

> On Feb 7, 2017, at 1:11 AM, Gábor Csárdi <csardi.gabor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, that's not an option for me, I need an R installation that is
> binary compatible with CRAN.
>
> I realized that I can maybe use
>
> ./configure --enable-R-framework=~/Library/Frameworks
>
> I am trying this right now.

I'm a bit confused. The bog-standard distribution of R has installed it (as a sub-directory) of ~/Library/Frameworks for many versions.

More specifically it is placed in this subdirectory:

 /Library/Frameworks/R.framework

The Revolution R distribution for the Mac also uses this location (and basically copies the installation script that is part of the CRAN version.)

--
David.