[R-SIG-Mac] R hangs up when using file.choose() or other GUI functions

Vinny Mo vindoggy at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 4 19:54:35 CET 2017

I've noticed this issue over several builds of R, and have had this issue on multiple mac (but not PC) machines. The problem is intermittent, but has been persistent for many years.

I will get the spinning rainbow ball (causing me to force quit R), when I:

use the file.choose() command

Change the working directory through the GUI tab

The issue seems to pop up randomly, with no seeming pattern as to when it will happen. But I've attached my latest crash report if this can help track down what is going on .