[R-SIG-Mac] R 3.4.3 binaries

Balamuta, James Joseph balamut2 at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 6 18:21:44 CET 2017

Greetings and Salutations All,

First off, I want to say I really appreciate all the work that goes into making R available on macOS. I realize that this is a time intensive process. However, this is now the second consecutive time the macOS binary release has lagged behind other platforms. As a result, would it be possible to add another maintainer? Even more so, could we please update the macOS section of CRAN to reflect the present status of the build? Some information is severely outdated. In particular, on the tools page, there still is a link to gfortran-4.2.3 – which hasn’t been used since R 3.0.0 (?) --  and an installer for the custom compiler clang4 toolchain has yet to appear. If there is a public repository or a means to submit a patch to address these issues I would be more than happy to help since the current setup greatly impacts being able to introduce students to HPC and interfacing with external libraries.

Sincerely,

JJB

On 12/6/17, 4:22 AM, "R-SIG-Mac on behalf of peter dalgaard" <r-sig-mac-bounces at r-project.org on behalf of pdalgd at gmail.com> wrote:

    I would guess that either Uwe/CRAN is swamped or Simon is traveling to NZ, or both...

    -pd

    > On 6 Dec 2017, at 10:26 , Federico Calboli <federico.calboli at helsinki.fi> wrote:
    >
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I know that I can get the latest and greatest binaries from http://r.research.att.com/ but I am puzzled why there are still no OSX R 3.4.3 binaries on CRAN.  The Windows installer has been up a few days already.  Is there anything I am missing concerning this delay?
    >
    > Cheers

    Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
    Phone: (+45)38153501
    Office: A 4.23