[R-SIG-Mac] Testing R 3.4.0 RC r72556

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 20 09:23:51 CEST 2017

The issues I have had with R 3.4.0 RC appear to have mostly been resolved macOS El Capitan.
(release candidate r72556 from http://r.research.att.com)

Many packages using Rcpp now do link to the libc++.1.dylib in the R framework.
The following packages using Rcpp that I have installed  are still linking to /usr/local/clang4/lib/libc++.1.dylib:

dplyr
e1071
forecast
htmltools
igraph
lme4
NMF
RandomFields
RcppEigen
readr
reshape2
rgl
roxygen2
RSpectra
RSQLite
scales
sem
spatstat
testthat
trustOptim

That's 20 out of the 43 packages using Rcpp that I have installed.
I have not checked all available packages  using Rcpp.

I always install binary packages.

I don't really or urgently need to have clang4 installed so I would prefer all C++ using packages to link to the libc++.1.dylib in the R framework.
The private package I referred to in  previous mails works fine with Apple's libc++.1.dylib

Berend