[R-SIG-Mac] Lost Library ?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Wed Sep 7 15:09:57 CEST 2016

> On Sep 7, 2016, at 7:18 AM, Roger Koenker <rkoenker at illinois.edu> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 7, 2016, at 2:13 AM, Rainer M Krug <Rainer at krugs.de> wrote:
>>
>> Roger Koenker <rkoenker at illinois.edu> writes:
>>

>> This indicates, that you installed gurobi using homebrew?
>
> No, I don’t use homebrew,  it was installed from the dmg downloaded
> from the gurobi website.
>>
>> How did you install the R package? Did you install it as a binary? If
>> yes, then install it type="source" so that it is compiled with the
>> correct library paths.
>
> The gurobi download includes a mac binary and I installed that — as
> far as I can tell there is no publicly available source version.
>>
>> If both assumptions are wrong: how did you install R, gurobi and the R
>> packages?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rainer

Roger,

According to this PDF:

  http://www.gurobi.com/documentation/6.5/quickstart_mac.pdf

there appears to be instructions on page 88 pertaining to R and for installing a source package for Linux in addition to the Mac binary (.tgz). So there does appear to be some availability of a source version.

Since the package appears to be from a third party who is a commercial vendor at some level, as Rainer noted, it may be prudent to contact them directly or via their Google support group.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz