[R-SIG-Mac] How to put below code in Automator in iOS

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Oct 27 19:40:01 CEST 2016

> On Oct 27, 2016, at 10:32 AM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 27, 2016, at 10:16 AM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>> On Oct 27, 2016, at 10:07 AM, Christofer Bogaso <bogaso.christofer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Previously I posted this same thread in general R help, however folks
>>> there suggested to post in this specialized group for better answer.
>>>
>>> I have a piece of code available here
>>>
>>> http://mcu.edu.tw/~chenmh/teaching/project/r/reference/RTclTkExamples/radiobuttons.html
>>>
>>> Now I put that code in a .R file and then created an .app file in Mac
>>> using Automator as explained below
>>>
>>> https://www.r-bloggers.com/how-to-source-an-r-script-automatically-on-a-mac-using-automator-and-ical/
>>>
>>> Surprisingly what I see is that, when I put that R code in a .app
>>> file, R fails to pop up the input window, which otherwise is fine when
>>> I just copy paste that code in R window.
>>>
>>> Could you please help if I need to have anything extra so that my .app
>>> will be able to take the input.
>>
>> You should post the code that is in your .R file.
>
> I have further concerns that I should have mentioned because I suspect you're trying to use functions that are not designed to be used inside Rscript process. The Tcl/Tk functions are designed to use in interactive sessions.

And some searching on this matter shows that there have been prior suggested approaches to starting interactive R processes from a system console session:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.r-project.r-help+rscript+interactive+tcl#query:list%3Aorg.r-project.r-help%20rscript%20interactive%20tcl+page:1+mid:uyykuacq77cuxoas+state:results