[R-SIG-Mac] Garch Model Library on Mac

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Nov 29 18:28:15 CET 2016

> On Nov 29, 2016, at 1:35 AM, Josh C Chien <jcchien at me.com> wrote:
>
> Dear R user on Mac,
> After installing "rugarch" and "fGarch", member of Rmetrics family, I
> can't installed successfully on Mac.

Do you mean there is difficulty _installing_ one or both of these? Or was the difficulty seen during an attempt to _load_ them? What were the commands used? Without seeing the commands, there may be a problem with English parsing of your statements. The warning and error messages appear to come from efforts to install the 'rgl' package. I don't see rgl in either of the packageDescription() returns from those packages but I suppose it's possible that one of their dependencies has a "second level" dependency that needs to be fixed.

> Besides, is there any alternative library for them ?

Those messages seem more likely to have been prompted by installing from "source". Why you would need to do that is unclear because both packages are available in binary form at least versions 1.3-6 (rugarch) and 3010.82.1(FGarch)

> Below is error message.

Do you have XCode and the Command Line Tools installed? Installation of the CLTs do require an additional step after the correct XCode version is installed. And do you have a recent version of XQuartz? XQuartz is the Mac version of X11 and that the warning before the error is making reference to failed efforts.

I realize these are mostly questions rather than answers, but you have no offered the code you used or any description of your setup. The Posting Guide suggests that you need to post the output of sessionInfo() and give answers to all the questions above.

--
David.