[R-SIG-Mac] R 3.2.2 Hangs Reading Files in El Capitan [Solved]

Charles DiMaggio charles.dimaggio at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:16:17 CEST 2016

Been a while, but wanted to close the page on a previous post describing R hanging on readRDS() and load() for largish (say 500MB or larger) files. Tried again with recent release (3.3.0).  Am able to read in large files under El Cap.  While the file is reading in, I get a disconcerting spinning pinwheel of death and a check under Force Quit reports R is not responding.  But if I wait it out, it eventually reads in.  Odd.  But I can live with it.

Cheers

Charles

Charles DiMaggio, PhD, MPH
Professor of Surgery and Population Health
Director of Injury Research
Department of Surgery
New York University School of Medicine
462 First Avenue, NBV 15