[R-SIG-Mac] Save History Not Implemented?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 20:14:40 CET 2016

On a machine running the binary install version of R on OSX, the Mac OSX FAQ regarding this issue is at:

file:///Applications/R.app/Contents/Resources/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#History

The default location for history files accrued while in R.app is .Rapp.history stored in the Starup directory.

And you are told: "Note that the functions loadhistory(), savehistory() and hence history() are not currently supported in R.app."