[R-SIG-Mac] Installing source package/altering fortran location

Mick Jordan mick.jordan at oracle.com
Wed Mar 16 22:26:19 CET 2016

On 3/16/16 1:57 PM, Mick Jordan wrote:
> On 3/16/16 1:25 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:
>

> So it seems as if the -L option is not having the effect I expect,
> which begs the question as to what does produce the absolute path in
> GnuR? Is it it somehow related to the framework args?

Evidently this is related to the "install name" of the shared library,
which can be seen with otool -D, vis:

otool -D
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.2/Resources/lib/libR.dylib
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.2/Resources/lib/libR.dylib:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.2/Resources/lib/libR.dylib

whereas:

otool -D lib/libRblas.dylib
otool -D lib/libRblas.dylib
lib/libRblas.dylib:
libRblas.dylib

So, I need to use install_name_tool to update the path to an absolute
path, after 'installing" it in lib.

Mick