[R-SIG-Mac] Red message...

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Mar 14 14:20:36 CET 2016

Yes, this is a known bug in Mavericks, a spurious error message form the system. Most apps don't forward stderr to the user and just put it in the logs, so you don't see it for other apps, but we forward stderr in case you run something you care about.

If you want to disable stderr forwarding because it bothers you,you can do so - see
http://r.research.att.com/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#I-see-spurious-error-messages-when-starting-R_0021

Just note that you then won't see stderr form commands you start via system().