[R-SIG-Mac] Help files not available

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue Mar 8 15:26:52 CET 2016

Hi,

Did you folks re-install R (and XQuartz) after upgrading to El Capitan?

As per the R Installation and Administration manual:

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#Installing-R-under-OS-X

"If you update your OS X version, you should re-install R (and perhaps XQuartz): the installer tailors the installation to the current version of the OS."

I am running El Capitan with R 3.2.3 and although I don't use the default GUI (I use ESS), I can run the GUI and get help files without issue.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz