[R-SIG-Mac] Issues with rJava on OS X El Capitan

Rozenblat Céline celine.rozenblat at unil.ch
Mon Feb 15 16:56:23 CET 2016

Dear all,

I personally solved my problems with R using R-Studio… Hope it can help...

Best

Celine
> Le 15 févr. 2016 à 16:12, Berend Hasselman <bhh at xs4all.nl> a écrit :
>

>> On 15 Feb 2016, at 15:48, Brandon Hurr <bhive01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Berend,
>>
>> I realize this is slightly off the goal of getting java working on your system, but it looks like you're using rJava to extract data from Excel files. Have you considered or tested using the readXL package instead? I believe it does not require rJava to work.
>>
>> https://github.com/hadley/readxl
>>

> Yes I have tried readxl in addition to the others. It's very, very fast.
>
> 1. it doesn't/can't write Excel files (yet?).
>
> 2. I'm testing/checking/analyzing R code for someone else who uses XLConnect especially for writing Excel files. That's why I'm doing this.
>

> Berend

  Céline ROZENBLAT
  Professor
  Chair of the Urban Geography Commission
  of the International Geographical Union
  http://www.unil.ch/igu-urban

  UNIVERSITY OF LAUSANNE
  Institute of Geography and Sustainability - Faculty of Geoscience
  Geopolis Building- office 3614
  Mouline area
  CH - 1015 LAUSANNE
  SWITZERLAND