[R-SIG-Mac] Could not install Package:pdftools in Mac lion 10.7.5

Jeroen Ooms jeroen.ooms at stat.ucla.edu
Tue Dec 27 20:05:21 CET 2016

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 7:27 PM, Christofer Bogaso
<bogaso.christofer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed poppler as instructed in below site. However, not
> libpoppler. Let me know if I need to install libpoppler as well, in
> that case appreciate any pointer how should I install.

No that's the same thing. It's difficult for me to debug this since
you're using such an old version of OSX and R. Chances are poppler
simply doesn't work on such an old system.

But one thing you could try is manually installing the mavericks
binary package. Download this file to your system:

   https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.2/pdftools_1.0.tgz

And then install it in R using:

  install.packages('~/Downloads/pdftools_1.0.tgz', repos = NULL)

If you're lucky it works :)