[R-SIG-Mac] Download data from Internet contained in a Zip file

Christofer Bogaso bogaso.christofer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 12:19:48 CET 2016

Hi David et al,

Thanks for showing the pointers. With your approach, I see the
"temp.zip" file in my working folder.

However still I could not extract the data within it. I tried using
unzip() function, however not really going through :

> unzip("temp.zip")
Warning message:
In unzip("temp.zip") : error 1 in extracting from zip file

When I try to access the link
"https://npscra.nsdl.co.in/download.php?path=download/&filename=NAV_File_23122016.zip"
manually, then download the zip file and then unzip it, I get a file
called "NAV_File_23122016.out". Which next I open in excel and get all
the data.

I was just trying to perform similar task, however through R, so that
I can load data automatically directly from Web.

Any Idea please. I am using below version of R (I know this is quite
old version, however I am not currently in a position to upgrade my
Macbook)

> R.Version()
$platform
[1] "x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0"